It's been a while since I've posted anything here... But after all the summertime frolicking as well as work (also been focusing on things other than music there for a while) it's about time to haul my corpulent behind back to the studio again. So here's a quick status report:
- 11 new Cynicism Management tracks, which are to appear on the next full-length album, are finished - I mean composition and lyrics. We're about to start recording the vocals and then the final production/mixing process will finally begin.
- Currently recording drums for the Coenurus project. The material is coming along nicely indeed, but I guess it'll be a few months before all of the 16 tracks that are planned for the next full-length release are finished.
- I've also started working on some shorter and more "goal-oriented" tracks specifically for music licensing purposes. I wonder how that'll turn out...
- After the release of the Something for Nothing album, Ray Kosmick has been on the back burner for a while, but this elusive fictional character will eventually release some of the aforementioned "goal-oriented" tracks under his own name... Well, or at least the longer, "full" versions of these tracks, which will undoubtedly be created in the process.
- Also rehearsing with a relatively small live acoustic blues band. Since I have no intention or inclination to lug my somewhat hefty and complex drum set to a bunch of seedy dives around Berlin, my setup for this project consists of a cajon, some cymbals and hi-hat. I may be tempted to add some percussion toys gradually, but certainly not too many, because I have to be able to take everything with me in a couple of bags without dislocating my spine. The first gig is scheduled for 13 September, and this breathtaking international premiere will take place at Savo's at around 9 p.m.
That's about it... Hopefully I'll be able to start posting new Cynicism Management demos in the foreseeable future - as quickly as Monika is able to record the vocals and I manage to mix them.