Tuesday 23 November 2010

FINISHED TRACKS > Touring My Backyard

Here goes mastered track 10 of 12 - a spectacular homage to undying achievements in the field of rock 'n' roll:


Touring My Backyard by Cynicism Management

 
TOURING MY BACKYARD

When I was just a boy I yearned to rock n' roll

But I didn't realize I was living in a hole
Then I grew a tiny bit, my vision kind of cleared
I popped a beer, caressed my cage and never really feared

Now I'm the coolest guy around, the only god with such a sound

I sell my twopence sermons every day
My nails are black my eyes are lined my pants are tight oh I'm so fine
I gloat in dismal dismay and decay

I rented the only touring bus in this god forsaken place

And published in every goddamn paper I was touring my own space

(CH:)

Oh wow yippee my gosh and gee
I'm tourin' my backyard
Rolling over my own mower
Bellyfolds o' lard
Mounted mirrors on the walls
My backyard's looking big
I'm bouncing reeling falling over
My excessive concert rig

In the mornings my head hurts, my double visions spin

But I know well that I'm the One so I embrace my sins
My proud dadland needs me to flash her stardom smiles
Distract the nation with pretence, wallow in shit piles

I rented the only touring bus in this god forsaken place

And published in every goddamn paper I was touring my own space

(CH:)


From the mountains to the sea

I sing my three-chord symphony
Nameless crowds beneath my feet
Look up at this astounding deed
My hair receding down my spine
But I still make these corpses mine
Dancing deaf to shit I spout
I dread what I have figured out

(CH:)

No comments:

Post a Comment